1. DATA WE COLLECT
We always seek to improve our Services to you, and that requires that we collect, store, share, and use information about you and your usage preferences. As we do so, we are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information.
We collect personal information in the following circumstances:
- Creating an account.You are not required to create an account to purchase our products. If you decide to create an account however, you will provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, username, and password. If your account is created while placing an order, we will also request your shipping address and phone number.
- Purchasing a product from our website. When you make a purchase, you are given the option of logging into an account or checking out as a guest. In either case, when you purchase a product, you will provide us with information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and shipping address.
- Making a payment.When you make a payment to Solo Stove in connection with a product purchase, you may need to provide personal information to our third-party payment processors. Such personal information may include your name, address, phone number, and payment information, including your credit card number.
- Information provided to Solo Stove.We collect personal information you provide to us when you communicate with us via email, call our customer service department, participate in a survey, or join our rewards program. We also collect your information when you post a product review, refer a friend, or post comments on social media. If you post content on public facing areas of the website or other social media you will not be subject to the privacy protections identified in this Policy.
- Automatic collection.We use (via third parties) automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, browsing actions or patterns. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, location data, cookie identifier, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our website, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this data to analyze trends in the aggregate and to tailor our website to make a better customer experience.
- Third-party collection.Solo Stove uses third parties to help administer the website and provide products to you. Solo Stove may receive information about you from third parties to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. LAWFUL REASONS FOR COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you in the variety of ways listed above for lawful reasons, primarily to provide you with information related to our products and fulfill our obligations to you upon purchase. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Operate this website, including tailored content to you based upon your interests, purchases, and preferences;
- Analyze functionality of this website;
- Provide you with products and fulfill product orders;
- Protect the safety and interests of us or other visitors to the website;
- Notify you about changes;
- Provide product information, marketing, or advertising;
- Communicate with you via email or SMS (based upon your explicit written consent) related to your account, products, and other services to you.
3. REASONS FOR DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information. Except as provided below, we do not share or disclose your personal information. We may disclose your personal information in the following situations:
- At your instruction.If you request us to make your information available to a third party, and such request furthers the purposes of our Services, we will do so.
- Vendors and Service Providers. In certain cases, we use the services of third-party vendors and service providers to assist us in providing the Services. We may share your personal information with such vendors and service providers solely for that purpose, such as fulfilling orders, processing payments, sending communications, limiting communications, conducting surveys, security reasons, or developing and improving our Services, including this website. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using this information for any other purposes.
- Business transitions.If we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets, the information we have about you will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. We reserve the right to transfer that information in connection with such transactions without notice to you. We will not be required to obtain your consent for such a transfer.
- Affiliates.We may share your information with our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or sister companies as part of our marketing or advertising strategy.
- Current and Potential Employees. We may use the services of third parties to help us to recruit new employees and independent contractors and to manage our interactions with current employees and independent contractors. We do our best to contractually ensure that these third-party service providers comply with the policies we have adopted. We only use employment information for the direct purpose of the employment or independent contractor relationship.
- Legal grounds. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law, comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, or investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our terms of service.
- Consent. We may also share your personal information with your consent.
If our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will cease collecting your personal information. However, in some cases, this may result in your inability to receive partial or full access to the Services, and your withdrawal of consent does not limit our ability to use the personal information that has been aggregated and anonymized for use by us in connection with our legitimate business efforts in the future. In addition, your withdrawal of consent does not prevent us from retaining and processing personal information if we are required to do so by applicable law or to preserve legal claims. It also does not prevent us from processing personal information that has been gathered pursuant to a different lawful basis. For example, if you give your consent for us to process your personal information, but we are also required by law to keep your personal information, that separate “lawful basis” will still apply, even if you withdraw your consent.
4. RETENTION AND SECURITY
5. CHILDREN OR MINORS
Our services are not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. We recognize the special obligation to protect personally identifiable information obtained from children and request that if you are 16 years old or younger to please not submit any personally identifiable information to us or to our website.
6. YOUR RIGHTS (For California and All US Residents)
Opt-out.If at any time you decide that you no longer want us to send you information about us or our products and services, you can change the preference you selected at the time of registration of your account. Email messages will also provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving this information. Please note that changes to your preferences may not be effective immediately. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address listed below.
Text message.If you join our text message program, you consent to receive recurring messaging from us. Message and data rates may apply. You can text HELP for more information. You can also text STOP at any time to opt out. No purchase is necessary to participate in the text message program.
Do Not Track.Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
Account information.You can review and change your personal information by accessing your account.
Request correction.You have the right to request that we correct any personal information that is incomplete or inaccurate.
Access and deletion rights. You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, the sources, and purposes for collecting such information, and how that information has been used and/or shared. You also have the right to request that we correct or delete any information we have maintained about you. These rights can be exercised up to 2 times in a 12-month period. To exercise these rights please send an email to email@example.com or call our toll-free hotline 888-723-7020. Please ensure the request provides sufficient information for us to verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. While we do not monetize your information and do not “sell” your personal information in the traditional sense, certain state privacy laws define the term “sale” broadly to include any transfer of personal information for valuable consideration – such as advertising or other services. In the past 12 months we have shared personal information for business reasons described above. If you wish to opt out of these uses, please use this link.
7. EU RESIDENTS
The General Data Protection Regulation made effective in Europe on May 25, 2018 (“GDPR”) relates to companies that process personal data for their own use (“controllers”) and companies that process personal data on behalf of others (“processors”). We act as a controller of information provided directly to us and as a processor related to information provided to a third-party that is shared with us.
The GDPR also requires us to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of data relating to residents of Europe. Your information is stored on private servers belonging to us and/or third parties. We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the privacy and security of the data of our European visitors and customers.
As a resident of Europe, you have the right to access, correct, erase, restrict, and object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions. You also have the right to request that we do not transfer the data that we have collected to another organization. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If requested to remove personal information, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the European Economic Area supervisory authority.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites. We recommend and encourage that you always review such other websites’ privacy policies before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such other parties.
9. CONTACTING US
Privacy Questions – Legal Counsel
1001 Mustang Drive
Grapevine TX 76051
10. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT